In Champions Now, Edwards talks about the Now, the stuff that’s already in action at the start of a session. We are ‘playing it cool’ with the Now in this session. There are several conversations our anti-hero Kurt has with the authorities and one Charles requested to see play out. And a cliffhanger ending!
Creed “Kat” makes another appearance this issue. You know I’m an X-Man fan. I find Sabretooth fascinating in all his incarnations. Creed is inspired by Sabretooth. In Big Damn Hero we already know she was part of the super-villain group Kurt left and is hunted by. We also know they had a thing. Creed comes from a situation on Kurt’s sheet:
20 Hunted: The Old Gang (small group, inc. superpowers, manipulative)
She’s built out as a super and has situations.
- Enraged: When Hurt (at 1⁄2 body or stun 11-)
- Unusual looks: 6’4 tall, jacked, tattooed woman. (14-)
- Reputation: Violent Killer (11-)
- Attracted to Bone
- Hunted: Hephaestus, a PMC
- Hunted: Federal Marshal Service
These are all bad, awful, terrible for Kurt! Just having Creed hanging out is trouble! For me, a character’s situations are much more grabby than the powers built. It’s like I have TWO cool sets of toys.
Coming up Next:
- Big Damn Hero - Meta-Talk. We talk about the game and sessions thus far.
- The extended bar conversation between Kurt and Creed.
- Big Damn Hero #04